Who the HECK is this RUSSELL SCOTT anyway?
by The West Coast Truth
by The West Coast Truth
Russell Scott ONLY interviews the best, the brightest and the most-brilliant in their field.
The Russell Scott Show has featured several big stars in multiple genres including: Erich von Däniken, Alan Watt, Michael Tellinger, Greg Palast, Klaus Dona, David Wolfe, James Kakalios, Michael Cremo, Daniel Estulin, Dr. Lorraine Day, Annie Machon, Scotty Roberts, Jim Marrs, G. Edward Griffin, Jacque Fresco, Brien Foerster, Gerald Celente, Dr. Lawrence Krauss, Nick Redfern, Webster Tarpley, Texe Marrs, John Perkins, Dannion Brinkley, Crispin Glover and hundreds more.
"Russell is one excellent host... who doesn't just sit there and ask questions... he's actively involved in a conversation."
~ Micah Hanks
- Flew a Cessna 172 when he was 12 years old as a member of the Royal Canadian Air Cadets. The following year Russell was a passenger inside the belly of a Canadian Military Lockheed C-130 Hercules.
- Started his first successful childhood business, a candy vending machine business, Sweet-Tooth Vendors, when he was 10 years old. Russell sold the business to The Great Little Horoscope Company for $10,000 when he was 16.
- Was born and raised in Vancouver, moved to rural Alberta at 13, moved to Edmonton at 18 and back to Vancouver at 26.
- Appeared on the kid's game show Hi-Q, an off-shoot of Reach for the Top on ITV in 1994.
- Has been a concert promoter
- Appears in the New York Times Bestseller, Billionaires & Ballot Bandits by Greg Palast
- Appeared several times on Good Morning Canada as Master Chef David Crickmore's apprentice.
- Has cooked in over 20 restaurants with such chefs as: Rob Feenie, Michael Smith, Thomas Haas and Damon Campbell.
- Saw Michael Jackson perform live in 1985 at BC Place from the 20th row.
- Was a member of 4-H at 14 and raised 3 steers to maturity, sold 2 of them for over $2500 and ate the other.
- Wrote Auction Hunters is FAKE! This has over 190,000 reads.
- Has read 3 versions of The Bible from front to back, has read all the Gnostic (non-canonical) texts and studied advanced theology at the Presbyterian Church, however does not believe in God and considers himself an agnostic.
- Does post-fight analysis of professional boxing with HBO's Kieran Mulvaney and HBO's Steve Kim on The Russell Scott Show.
- Is a rock hound.
- Wrote American Pickers is FAKE! This has over 175,000 reads.
- Swims everyday in the morning.
- Has touched the largest known living single stem tree on Earth, The General Sherman.
- Is a single father of a 7 year old boy, who is mentioned on the show from time to time.
Russell is an amateur mycologist (the study of fungi and mushrooms) Here are some pics he took in the province of BC.
- Loves to fish for Halibut in the Pacific Ocean.
- Has a crippling fear of heights.
- Lived for 6 months as a poker professional in his 20's and would "work" a 12 hour shift from 6pm to 6am 7 days a week at the casino.
- Learned animal husbandry while living in Alberta and raised chickens, sheep, guinea-fowl, pheasants, ducks, steers and goats.
- Came Third in The Alberta Chess Championships @ 16 years old.
- Wrote a poem about Rick Hansen at 7 years old that was published nationally in the Globe and Mail. "You've crossed land, sea and ocean, that's why they call you the man in motion" ~ excerpt from poem
- Believes imprisonment is cruelty; that true rehabilitation comes from therapy not punishment.
- Wrote Storage Wars is FAKE! This has over 190,000 reads.
- Played over 100 rounds of golf in 2010.
- Boxed at the Wind Warriors Boxing Club in Edmonton with close friend Mario Miles, son of Rollie Miles (CFL Hall-of-Famer).
- Is trained in marksmanship.
- Has an INTJ personality type.
- Loves to ski.
- Has been expelled from 13 schools in both BC and Alberta. After expulsion from the public BC school system, Russell educated himself through correspondence for grades 6 and 7. After moving to Alberta he attended grades 8 in public school, however did not attend grades 9, half of 10, half of 11 and ¾'s of 12 for poor behavior. He would not graduate high school. Russell was however accepted into University after scoring well on a placement test....making his entire time at Elementary school, Middle school and High school essentially reduced to a 3 hour test as the Dean offered Russell access to any program the school offered. Russell then attended MacEwan University for 5 semesters taking math and physics courses...Russell scored highest in his classes each semester. Russell quit on September 11th after the school refused to close for the day.
- Russell began working as a cook and ultimately became a chef before moving to Vancouver….a trade he quit a few years later.
- Russell is now 35 and lives just off the beach in Vancouver, BC, Canada